A mistake that perhaps many of us are guilty of making is the way we charge our phones. Phone batteries are known for going flat at the most annoying of times. The most sensible way to charge a phone is on a worktop away from wet areas or soft furnishings. However this can also mean that you might miss an important phone call or can't continue with that live chat in comfort!
Are All Landlord Electrical Certificates Created Equally?
Two people became trapped upstairs during a fire spread weeks after their landlord was told their fire alarm did not work -
Logan Taylor, three, and Jake Casey, two, died in a blaze at their home in Huddersfield in 2016 -
Widespread reforms are on the way that will affect some landlords with HMO properties - If you own one of the 500 private properties in Coventry currently listed as Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) you need to be aware that licensing changes are to be introduced on 1st October 2018.
The government deadline is when the Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (England) Order 2018 automatically replaces the 2016 Order meaning no further time will be granted for landlords to make the required changes.
A big passion of mine is to help to keep you and your family safe in and around your home. As an Electrician in Coventry, I regularly promote the safe use of electrical equipment and give electrical safety advice in the form of my blogs. This time I am covering the issue of "how to decide which local Electrician in Coventry to use"
The regulations surrounding Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s) changed on the 1st April 2018 in England & Wales. There has been concerns within the industry with uncertainty amongst Estate agents, Landlords and tenants alike as to when these changes would come into effect and just what the implications of these changes would mean for all of those involved.
Imagine this terrifying situation occurring in your home....
The Health and Safety Executive concluded in May 2015 that a worker electrocuted by a live cable whilst carrying out work in a food premises, was killed as a result of negligence by the company to have the live cable removed.
As a registered electrician in Coventry, I am very passionate about the electrical safety of items used in the home. Regardless of the size or use of the product, all electrical items have the potential to cause electrical shock or injury.
Most homes in the UK are still completely dependant on the National Grid for their electricity needs. With this comes the relentless battles against energy price increases and the constant need to save money by reducing energy use.